Gretton School is an Independent Special School for children with Autistic Spectrum Conditions
Ongoing professional development provided, Level 5 qualification desired.
Gretton School are looking to appoint a motivated and dedicated Assistant Head (Manager) of Boarding. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a calm and patient and positive approach and also an ability to work as part of a team.
Gretton School is an Independent Special School for children with ASC and Asperger’s Syndrome.
- To oversee Boarding provision.
- To ensure welfare and compliance of provision.
- To assess needs, plan and implement appropriate interventions and activities for students with ASC.
- To support, develop and challenge all within Boarding provision.
- The succesfull candidate must have:
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Organisational and planning skills.
• Team building skills.
• Experience in the development of staff.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• To be able to assess needs, plan and implement effective strategies and activities.
• Ability to apply equal opportunities legislation within the workplace.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required.
• Able to react quickly in an emergency.
• Enthusiasm for being part of a busy management team within the boarding provision and education provision.
• An understanding of the needs of students with ASC.
• An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
• Experience of providing care and working with young people with ASC.
• Experience of Ofsted and other independent bodies monitoring and inspections.
• Experience in administration and financial matters.
• Management skills.
• Leadership skills.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and DBS checks.
To apply, please complete an application form available on the website www.grettonschool.com or alternatively email your CV and a covering letter stating why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12.00 noon Friday 2nd February 2018