Making learning personal
Our Primary School is warm and welcoming; and focuses on allowing every student to learn in an understanding and supportive environment.
The curriculum is tailored to meets each students’ needs, interests and abilities, making sure that the student is always learning in a way that feels safe, familiar, accessible and appropriate.
The curriculum is broad and balanced including where appropriate The International Primary curriculum for topic-based work as well as PE, PSHE, including emotional literacy and social skills.
I’m so overwhelmed by the difference your school is making.
Through our well-planned and organised curriculum, students are helped to:
- Develop essential literacy and numeracy skills
- Develop the attitudes, understanding and skills to become successful learners
- Develop an enquiring mind
- Develop personal values, qualities and attitudes, recognising the importance of being respectful to other people, and to value their views and opinions
- Develop and extend strategies to help manage emotions and behaviour
- Develop strategies to be able to work cooperatively with others
- Develop their creativity, and work towards achieving their potential.
Reading Schemes include: –
- Oxford Reading Tree
- Project X
The scheme the students follow is dependent on their reading age. In addition to this, some students are free readers who are supported by class staff to choose appropriate texts, all students learn via systematic synthetic phonics.
We work collaboratively with parents, and professionals throughout the school, to ensure that our teaching is lively, interesting, motivating and enjoyable.
I’m thankful that S has an amazing teacher who understands him. I can’t thank you enough.
Our primary students benefit from purpose built play equipment, a soft play room, sensory room as well as accessing the local community to experience outdoor learning, including den building and other team building activities.