Gretton School endeavours to deal swiftly, sympathetically and confidentially with any complaints, queries or concerns expressed about the safeguarding, welfare and treatment of any student.
In most cases, concerns can be resolved informally by discussion with the class staff or keyworker. Serious matters should be addressed to the Headteacher in writing.
All parents are provided with the complaints policy in the Welcome Pack, and a copy can be found below.
A full copy of the complaints policy is also available from the school office, all complaints are recorded and kept confidentially.
The following policies are available to download:
- Absence & Missing Policy (pdf)
- Admissions Policy (pdf)
- CCTV Policy (pdf)
- Charges and Remissions Policy (pdf)
- Complaints Policy and Procedure (pdf)
- Counter Bullying Policy (pdf)
- Curriculum Policy (pdf)
- Data Protection Policy (pdf)
- Disability Access Plan (pdf)
- Gretton School Privacy Notice Student & Parent (pdf)
- Health and Safety Policy (pdf)
- Positive Behaviour Policy (pdf)
- Safeguarding and Child Protection policy (pdf)
- Safer Recruitment Policy
- Staff, Parents & Visitors Mobile Phone Policy (pdf)
- Students Mobile Phone Policy (pdf)
- Students with SEN and English as an additional language Policy (pdf)
Gretton School is inspected by Ofsted. The most recent Inspection Reports can be read here:
- Ofsted Report – Residential provision – February 2019 (pdf)
- Ofsted Report – Whole School – February 2017 (pdf)
- Ofsted Report – Residential provision – January 2018 (pdf)
- Ofsted Report – Residential provision – November 2015 (pdf)
- Ofsted Report – Whole School – November 2013 (pdf)